- Material: Stainless Steel
- Brand: Mossy Oak
- Color: 8-Piece
- Product Dimensions: 15.75″L x 2.17″W x 7.48″H
- Item Weight: 3.31 Pounds
- Grit Type: Fine
- ? Perfect gift for Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary, Valentine’s Day, etc
- ✅ 8 Piece Big Game Field Dressing Kit In Box: 8-3/4″ Wood/Bone Saw, Steel Stick/Brisket Spreader, 7.5″ Caping Knife, 9.5″ Gut Hook Skinner, 10″ Boning Knife, Tungsten Carbide V-Sharpener, Red Game Cleaning Gloves
- ✅ 8.7″ Wood & Bone Saw: This bone saw with the clever blunt hooked tip would avoid breaking the bladder or intestines virtually, ensuring meat not harmed during dressing. The serrations are configured to increase efficiency with T-handle and innovative hook tip, 5″ serrations, 1.9mm thickness, 4.1 oz
- ✅ 7.5″ Caping Knife: This smaller fixed blade caping knife with 3.4 ” blade features finer point and smaller scale, more suitable for smaller game, 2.85 mm thickness, 2.8 oz
- ✅ 9.4″ Gut Hook Skinner: This fixed blade hunting knife features a 3.9″ fine edge blade with gut hook, 3.2 mm thickness, 6.3 oz, designed for quick and efficient processing of game
- ✅ Material & Design: Each stainless steel item in the field dressing kit is made of 3CR13, equipped with camouflage handles and full tang constructions that offer durability over the long haul
Josh Gibson –
I don’t write reviews but hopefully this is helpful to others since there seems to be a lot of spread among the reviews for this set. I bought this set of knives for my first year deer hunting. I have been working in commercial kitchens for over 25 years and wanted something only for hunting so I would not have any cross contamination with other equipment and I could abuse them without worrying of a huge cost as I have kitchen knives that are $200+ each.The Good: I was able to completely process a deer from field to freezer using only this kit. I used the caping knife, buck knife and bone saw for field dressing and quartering. I really only find the gut hook useful for spreading the hide, other than that I used the caping knife. The fillet knife was the only knife needed/used for processing. All the knives worked well and I didn’t have any issues of wanting any additional knives or feeling they were inadequate for sharpness. I had hesitations of the grips being too slick but I never had one issue of slippage with any of the knives and they cleaned up easily. The included gloves worked well for field dressing but I used cut resistant cloth style gloves for quartering and regular nitrile gloves for processing. The sharpener is nice to have as keeping the knives sharp is a must to get through a whole deer and I don’t want to use my stones or sharpeners on hunting equipment.The Bad: The only thing one would need in addition to the kit would be a butcher’s bone saw for processing as the one included is a little difficult to use on flat surfaces but completely doable as it’s the only one I had to do everything. The case is nice but is kind of bulky carrying in the field and I am looking for a roll case or something smaller for the backpack to carry only the knives needed for the field.
Road King Drifter –
Rugged set of field dressing and butchering tools. Knives are razor sharp and handles are large to prevent slipping. Bone saw is small but cuts through bone like a knife through butter. Well thought out set of tools.
Amy Priest –
Has everything and 1 box
Tammie Stevens –
I have recommend thus to a friend
Quartered a deer with ease. The only difficulty was the small saw blade. WhileIt was very sharp to begin with but it dulled quickly after the front quarters and needed resharpened for the last 2 quarters. But hey that’s to be expected I mean your cutting through bone after-all. Overall it was a 5 star purchase. Everything worked great and was very comfortable toUse.
Heriberto Munoz –
I like the quality. It feels like its worth the price. After using it on a deer it was amazing. I felt like a surgeon and knives were very sharp out of the box and never slipped. Got a little dull after I skinned and dressed the deer but with its knife sharpener it kept me going even when butchering the deer. I highly recommend this it.
Awesome!!! Must have in your hunting gear!!!
mike c. –
Sturdy full tang knives. Love the blade designs. The skinning knife was perfect. I only was able to cut up one whitetail this year. (so far) It quartered up the deer great, got out the inners and back straps, quartered up the deer nice and clean but was dull by the time I started breaking up the hind quarters. Had to hit it on the steel a few times to keep it going. I mean it was REALLY dull. I have since sharpened on a wet stone but have not used it since to see how long it lasts. May update if I get to use it again before the season is over. Would recommend at this price point.