- Brand: SABRE
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 1 x 3.88 x 1 inches
- Item Weight: 0.21 Pounds
- League: SABRE
- Range: 12 Feet
- TRUST THE PROFESSIONALS: SABRE is the #1 Pepper Spray brand trusted by police and consumers worldwide, including New York PD, Chicago PD, and U.S. Marshals; Made in the USA
- 2X STRONGER: 4 out 10 violent crimes involve alcohol use by the offender – our maximum strength Pepper Gel is strong enough to use against a goal oriented attacker under the influence of drugs or alcohol; Backed by our industry exclusive in-house HPLC lab, guaranteeing maximum strength in each canister
- 5X MORE PROTECTION: 42% of crimes are committed by multiple assailants – this pepper gel has 25 bursts and a true 12-foot (4m) range; gel does not atomize like traditional pepper spray and deploys in a powerful stream from nozzle to the target’s eyes while virtually eliminating wind blowback
- FASTER & EASIER TO HIT THE TARGET: Easiest to grasp finger grip enhances your aim and helps keep your eye on the threat; Includes snap clip keychain for immediate access to spray when seconds count; Secure and easy to use flip safety
- TRAINING VIDEOS TO MAXIMIZE YOUR SAFETY: In addition to your pepper spray, packaging includes links to free SABRE Pepper Spray training videos and safety tips to help maximize your personal safety
After reading several reviews of the various offerings on Amazon, I settled on the Sable pepper gel with flip top. The instructions say to test semi-annually with a quick burst outside, to the ground. My test produced a weak stream that I doubt would travel the 12′ distance, claimed. Still, I just went through an unfortunate incident, and had the person gotten close enough to me, I could’ve deployed this and escaped more easily. I paired this with a SF Magnetic Net Release Keychain Fly Fishing Net Retractor ($8 on Amazon), to attach/detach quickly to purse, or just carry by itself, more comfortably. I like the Sabre’s flip cap design, because it’s efficient, but also because I don’t want the spray to accidentally be set off, in my purse. And though I was careful not to get any of the wet spray on me during testing, the concoction must be pretty powerful, because my lip and tongue tip later became numb! Not anticipating being threatened again soon, but at least I’m better prepared now, and I also like the UV marker that helps the police.Update: Recommended this to others, with two small modifications: 1) Get some tread step grip/shoe grip (rough, black sandpapery stuff, with adhesive on the back. You can find it in most store shoe departments, where they sell the polish and cleaners) and place a piece of it under the nozzle where your forefinger would grip this (short) tube. It will help you grab and orient the spray gel correctly, without covering the nozzle accidentally, or taking your eyes off your attacker; and 2) Wrap duct tape or electrical tape a few times around the bottom seam of the tube, where cap meets the tube. Another reviewer pointed out, if you pull hard enough you can pull the cap off the bottom of the tube (true!). Feels a lot more secure, and I can yank my gel spray off the magnet chain and be ready to go, without looking at my hand.
John Hodges –
Did a small test spray and it looked and sprayed fine. Came in the package ok and not broken. If you buy it do a test spray so you know it works in case you need it
Arleene Taylor –
All though I can’t speak to the effectiveness or accuracy of this product yet (and hopefully will never be in the position where I have to) I will say that it is compact, seems to be sturdy and of good quality, and is lightweight which is important for on-the-go access.
Haven’t had to use yet but makes me feel safe!
Vladimir krechenlov –
It was a little bigger than I had expected yet good quality. Got this for my girlfriend.
Functional, discreet, and works as described,
dan s –
Hopefully never need to use it, but it is light and small great for in a pocket.Bought the water filled version as well to have my wife & myself have some practice
elijah higgins –
this help self defance